President & CEO
MIKE EDWARDS, President/CEO and Founder of THE FIRST GROUP FAMILY OF COMPANIES (First Innovations, Inc.;First Guard Warranty Corporation;First Insured Ins; First Admin), has over 40 years of experience in the automobile and insurance industry. He grew up in a family owned dealership that was in operation for over 40 years. Mike has management experience in every aspect of the dealership. He was Vice President of Operations for his family’s Ford dealership in the Dallas area for almost 10 years. He also developed, wrote and provided training for all the variable operations training programs for the Texas Automobile Dealer Association’s only endorsed sales training company at the time.
Mike spent over 12 years training, managing and administering F&I departments, sales departments, used vehicle departments, and overall dealership profit programs for dealerships around the country. He was Vice President of Marketing and Executive Vice President for the largest credit insurance producing company and third party vehicle service contract provider in Texas and New Mexico, as well as one of the largest automobile dealership Workers’ Compensation direct insurers for over 7 years before forming his own insurance, income developmnent and service organization in 1999.
Mike has been a featured speaker and trainer, as well as held workshops for the following:
- Finance & Insurance Conference Las Vegas
- National Automobile Dealers Association Convention
- Texas Automobile Dealers Association Convention
- TADA Fall Workshops
- Texas Future Dealers
- Houston Automobile Dealer Association
- San Antonio Automobile Dealer Association
- Dallas New Car Dealer Association
- Tarrant County Auto Dealer Association
- Coastal Bend Auto Dealer Association
- New Mexico Automobile Dealer Association Convention
- National Marine Manufacturers Convention
- NCM 20 Groups
- TADA 20 Groups
- NADA 20 Groups
- Mitsubishi Motor Sales Corporation
- Honda Motors Top 20 Dealer Performance Group
- General Motor-Motors Holding Southwest Dealer Group
- NADA’s national satellite network, SkyLink
- Hundreds of in-dealership seminars and training
Mike attended and played collegiate football for the United States Air Force Academy and the University of Arkansas before a knee injury ended his playing career. Mike has a Certified Automotive Merchandising Degree from Northwood University (Institute), a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Texas Arlington, and graduate work toward a Master’s Degree in Mid-Management from the University of Houston Clear Lake. Mike holds a Limited Lines and General Lines P&C insurance license. He is a member of the University of Texas Longhorn Foundation, Founding Executive Member of the University of Texas Club, member of University of Texas Littlefield Society, University of Texas Arlington’s 1895 Society, USAFA 1954 Society, as well as a member of the University of Texas Chancellor’s Council and a past member of UTA’s College of Education’s Leadership Council.
If you are interested in first year earnings in the high five figures and potential career salaries well into the six figure incomes annually, then First Innovations has your opportunity.